has a BA in Literature from CSULB and a Masters in Library and Information Sciences from SJSU. Born and raised in California, she moved to North Carolina in 2015 to work as a Youth Services Librarian and meet weird people she terms “lifelong friends.” She writes for Hello Yellow Room as a way to commune with her unhealthy obsessions, all of which will be listed here:
- the color yellow
- succulents, which remind her of California
- Starbucks, which reminds her of California
- really good Mexican food, which reminds her of California
- sprawling urban decay
- the smell of grapefruit, but not the taste of grapefruit
- reading, writing, editing, and devouring literature
- pretty fish
- cooking things in the morning while listening to shoegaze sad girl music
- and children’s education
…is currently employed in technical services with the Randolph County Public Library System.
She graduated with Honors, Magna Cum Laude from Greensboro College with a major in English and a minor in Creative Writing. She was inducted into the English Honor Society Sigma Tau Delta in 2016. She was a contributor and senior editor of the award winning student run newspaper The Collegian, and the award winning student run literary magazine, The Lyre.
- The color burgundy – but not an orange burgundy, more of a wine / purple / blue burgundy
- Bumble Bees – stemming from her nickname as a child – Savvy Bee
- Foxes – which has always been her favorite animal
- Making lists and bullet journaling
- Painting with watercolor, oils, and chalks as well as editing photographs that she takes
- Linguistics and accents – especially Russian and Irish
- Welsh Celtic and Irish influences – which is her heritage
- Black cats, Halloween, Horror Movies – well-made or otherwise – and the number 13
- Sunflowers and her mom
- The way cream moves like clouds in coffee
Where to find Miss Hello Fox:
Amazing Contributors & Guest Writers
Elizabeth Weislak is a youth services librarian who is passionate about readers advisory. She loves art museums, breakfast foods, cheese, dogs, early literacy, and feminism. An enthusiastic morning person, she can frequently be found pestering her family and friends to read her latest favorite book.
Jeselyn Sara Pan is a children and teen librarian in Mesa, AZ and a lifelong passionate reader and writer. Check out their early literacy/homeschooling/ book review/library storytime blog at the MillennialLibrary.blogspot.com
Join the Hello Yellow Family and expand your experience by becoming a Hello Yellow Guest Writer!
If you would like to contribute to our website please email email@example.com and tell us a little bit about yourself. We welcome reviews from all literary genres, as well as personal editorials.We want to hear your ideas, your opinions, and your reviews.