A Little Bit About Miss Hello Yellow
My name’s Samantha Colwell and I received my BA in English Literature from CSULB, and my Masters of Library and Information Sciences from SJSU.
I’m a full time Children’s Librarian, and I love working with kids. There’s nothing quite like it, and I’m proud to have a job I wake up happily to attend everyday.
I left my pleasant everything-is-open-past-one-AM life in California so I could chase love and career across the country to everything-closes-at-eight-PM North Carolina. Now I’m living the Great Adventure, constantly pining for overpriced apartments and the lulling cadence of midday traffic.
I’ve got a boyfriend named Josh who will feature prominently in blog posts. He likes death metal, everything WWII-adjacent, video games, and wearing warm, fluffy socks. He also likes me, in spite of my terrible habit of making him do things like facial masks. I also think I’m the reason he knows so much about Gilmore Girls, but I suspect he would like the show anyway without my influence.
I have healthy obsessions, none of which will be detailed on this blog. I also have unhealthy obsessions, all of which will be listed here:
- the color yellow
- vinyl records, which I collect
- succulents, which remind me of California
- Starbucks, which reminds me of California
- really good Mexican food, which reminds me of California
- dilapidated structures forgotten in time, which are just fascinating
- the smell of grapefruit, but not the taste of grapefruit
- reading, writing, editing, and devouring literature & children’s picture books
- pretty fish
- cooking things in the morning while listening to shoegaze
- and children’s education
So if you’re here and reading this, it must mean that you can relate to some if not all of the above. Or you clicked something really weird on accident and ended up here.
Either way, if that’s the case, send me your opinions on the best Mexican food in North Carolina, because I’m at a loss here and the need is real.
A Little Bit About Mr. Matt Krab
My name is Matthew James Palozzi and I received my high school diploma from Pacifica high school in Garden Grove California and passed multiple semesters of flag football at Cypress Community College :/ I work full time in a butcher shop in Southern California. A man of multiple talents but a master of none. My hobbies and interests include but are not limited too:
* Intersectional Feminism, because duh
* Listening to music
* Collecting records
* Amatuer writing
* Comic books/super heroes, a fulfillment of my hero complex
* Sports (Denver Broncos, LA Lakers, Anaheim Angels)
* Collecting tattoos, a total of nine so far which mostly consist of pop culture references and friend tattoos
* Movies, especially of the horror and Sci-fi genres
* Nature, which there isn’t enough of in suburbia
Favorite authors: Kurt Vonnegut, Stephen King, J.R.R. Tolkien, J.K. Rowling
Favorite musicians/bands: Frank Ocean, The White Stripes, The Beatles, The Black Keys, Incubus, Explosions In The Sky, Brand New, Run The Jewels, Breakbot, Kendrick Lamar, Childish Gambino
Favorite people: Samantha, Andrew, Kyle, Kristin, Conor, Brian, Bernie Sanders, Bill Murray, Nana, that one security guard who looked like Uncle Phil from the Fresh Prince that gave me my spot back in the front of line at the Incubus secret show in 2009 at the Echoplex
Desert island movies(the ones I’d take if stuck on a desert island, not ones that take place on a desert island): The Shining, Halloween, Tombstone, The Life Aquatic: with Steve Zissou, The Thing, Blade Runner, Drive.
Amazing Contributors & Guest Writers
Jeselyn Sara Pan is a children and teen librarian in Mesa, AZ and a lifelong passionate reader and writer. Check out her early literacy/homeschooling/ book review/library storytime blog at http://momandauntie.blogspot.